Employment Opportunity: Parks and Recreation Assistant for the City of Orange City, Iowa
The City of Orange City is seeking applications for the position of Parks & Recreation Assistant. The Parks & Recreation Assistant will enthusiastically assist the Parks and Recreation Director in all areas of Park and Recreation opportunities in Orange City. Duties include, but are not limited to, development and maintenance of the City’s parks, aquatic center management, preparing sports fields for competitions, and recreation programming.
This position reports to the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Preparing the outdoor aquatic center for each season, scheduling lessons and programs held at the outdoor aquatic center.
- Hiring, training and supervision of pool staff, including managers, WSI instructors and lifeguards.
- Preparing and maintaining sports fields for practice and competitions.
- Training and supervision of youth sport coaches, and summer parks staff under the direction of the Parks and Recreation Director and Park Supervisor.
- Assist the Parks and Recreation Director in recreation program planning, development, and implementation.
- Assist the Park Supervisor in the care and maintenance of City parks, cemetery, and other City owned property and equipment.
- Available to respond to other needs within the City as assigned by the Parks and Recreation Director or City Administrator.
- Click the on-line application button below, and fill out an application.
- Attach an updated resume. Application letters should be addressed to Earl Woudstra, City Administrator.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Orange City is an equal opportunity employer.