Orange City Public Library Hiring Assistant Director
The Orange City Public Library is seeking an individual to fill the position of Assistant Director. This full-time position is under the general direction of the Administrative Librarian, and includes professional administrative duties that include supervising employees and daily operation of the library. This position may include managing a service area such as programming or technical services.
Minimum Qualifications- Partial List:
- Equivalent to the completion of a four year degree
- Four years’ experience in professional library work, ideally with some experience in a supervisory and administrative capacity
- Master’s degree in library science from an accredited ALA school of library science or courses in library science (State Certification, Level IV, for example) is preferred
- Considerable knowledge, skill and ability in as it relates to Public Librarianship
- Word processing and general computer skills
- Experience with online library automation systems
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Complete the Employment Application and return it, along with a cover letter and resume, in person or by mail to 112 Albany Ave SE Orange City, Iowa 51041 or email. Applications will be accepted through August 3.
For more information, please contact Amanda Vazquez, Library Director, by email or at 712-707-4302.