Vision Orange City: Public Meeting Set for November 12
Vision begins here and we want you to be a part of it. Our leadership and leading programs will showcase their updates and how they are working to make Orange City more beneficial to all. Come see how working together can solve problems, create new opportunities, and inspire others to do the same.
Greetings from the Mayor followed by updates from:
When: November 12, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Where: Prairie Winds Event Center
Why Vision Orange City?
In the spring of 2016, a group of community leaders came together to talk about the future of Orange City. The question was asked “What do we want Orange City to look like in 2035?” The group met and determined vision statements for the community to be used as a guide for future planning. These 2035 vision statements include:
- Grow the industrial base to increase industrial employment by at least 1,000 employees.
- Increase total retail establishment sales to at least $140,000,000 and have at least 300 retail establishments.
- Expand Orange City area population and housing to accommodate at least 10,000 citizens
- Establish Orange City as the premier place to live within 50 miles.
- Assure Orange City infrastructure can accommodate 10,000 – 12,000 citizens
The purpose of the November 12 meeting is to communicate how we are all working toward the 2035 vision statements, to get all groups together to hear plans and determine if there are opportunities for partnerships and to ask each group to review their plan prior to their request for assistance for the 2020/2021 fiscal year.
Community leaders who developed the 2035 vision statements, the Orange City Council, Orange City Development Corporation Board, business leaders and community members are all invited to come and hear what the various groups and organizations are doing to accomplish these goals.