Why Orange City: Sarah Punt
Sarah and her family moved to Orange City three months ago. Below she shares her experience moving to our small community in northwest Iowa:
How would you describe your lifestyle in Orange City?
Blair is a financial advisor for Edward Jones and I am a work-at-home-full-time mama.
We are expecting and we have a 20-month-old little boy who keeps me busy at home, at the park, at the library, and soon, at the pool. He goes to see Cindy Schuller once a week to help give me a break.
What has surprised you the most about living in Orange City?
I’m surprised by how friendly people are. I’ve also never had anyone help me bring my grocery cart to my car for me before. That was super nice!
What do you most enjoy about the community?
I enjoy how safe it is to raise kids here.
What makes Orange City unique from other places you’ve lived?
Let’s be honest. It’s the Dutch theme of the town. 😉
Also, there’s no Target store in town or that close. 🙁
What should others outside of Orange City or those considering a move to Orange City know?
- It’s a great place to raise kids
- People are super friendly
- Be prepared to play Dutch bingo
- Find land to build on immediately because there are not many houses available on the market here.
- There are a lot of free events in the center of town from spring to fall.
- The tulip festival is great for kids in the spring.
- The library has fun things for kids all the time.
- There are two GREAT guys here in town who will help you plan for a healthy financial future.
- It’s a very clean town